There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
There’s nothing quite like the love between a parent and son. Try as you may, it’s always a strong desire for a parent to want to encourage a son each and every day.
However, sometimes, extra words of encouragement are needed. So if you’re looking for words of encouragement for your son, then here are 65 inspirational and encouraging words you can give him.
What are Words of Encouragement?
Words of encouragement have a way of striking a chord in the heart, inspiring courage, and giving children the strength, they need to make it through both good and difficult times.
Words of encouragement are often written in a card, but they sometimes are spoken out loud as a way to motivate your son whenever he faces a difficult challenge.
And here are the 65 encouraging words you can say to him…
65 Words of Encouragement for a Son
- As I look into your eyes, I see myself. I see strength and passion for life.
- Consistency and dedication to something will take you a lot farther in life than any form of education.
- Learning how to master a skill requires practice. And then after you’re finished practicing, you then need to practice again and again.
- If you ever find that you are unable to complete a task in which you are responsible for, the first thing you should do is tell the people it impacts. Being honest is the truest apology you’ll ever give.
- When the storms of life are raging, you have been the sailor who has guided me to the shore and your son will do the same.
- One of the kindest things you can ever do for someone is to simply listen to what they have to say.
- Everyone wants something, even you. What is it you want? The sooner you know the answer to this question, the sooner you can get it.
- People will talk about you. They will laugh at you. They will try to make you like them. You are not like them. The only ones you are like are the kind ones.
- You either win or learn from everything.
- You may hit a home run today but it will not count at all towards tomorrow’s games. However, the practice you get from hitting a home run very well may be the reason you win the rest of the season.
- Make sure you always remember to look up, especially at night. There are beautiful sights in this universe, and to see a lot of them, you have to look up into the night sky while also looking into your own heart.
- I could have been a better mom; there is no doubt in that. But I swear by everything true, I could have never asked for a better son.
- No matter where you go, my thoughts are always with you. I want you to spread your wings and fly.
- Sons are the light of their mother’s life. She would not be half the woman she is if her sons had not guided her.
- Compassion and mercy are always an option.
- The hardest thing you’ll ever do is learn that you can’t always protect your family, but as my son, I know you’ll never give up trying.
- You can only become a true leader if you lead by example.
- Even if you don’t believe in God, son, at least send your prayers to yourself. You are unique and prayers move mountains.
- You will have very few people in life who are truly your friend, but those people will do more for you than everyone else combined.
- In a world full of troubles and sorrow, you have been the light that keeps me going.
- There are times in life when no words will bring the comfort you need, but I promise if you look inside your heart and within the goodness of those you love, you will find comfort.
- When the sun goes down in the evening, my night is still filled with light because of you.
- You are the best thing to ever happen to me and you have saved me in so many ways that you will not yet understand until you have a son of your own.
- Open your heart and you open a door to impossibilities.
- You create the life you want. Don’t ever let anyone make you believe any different.
- Life is unfair at times but the fairer you are with others, the fairer life will be with you.
- It is not the bad times that define your life. It is how you deal with them that determines how many good times you have, and the good times define your entire being.
- Keep your eyes, heart, and ears open. There is always something beautiful to see, a person to show kindness to, and words of inspiration all around you.
- You really can’t love anyone else until you love yourself first.
- You can lead or you can follow. Both have their advantages and there is one that you are better at than the other. But it’s your choice to decide what you want to do and be. Are you a leader or a follower?
- There is no shame in doing what you have to do to provide for those you love.
- You are presented with a choice every day; be kind or mean? It’s your heart that guides you to choose an answer.
- The love of a mother can move mountains because of her devotion to her children.
- Don’t forget that when one door closes, this doesn’t always necessarily mean another one opens. There are times when multiple doors open.
- Where you end up in life doesn’t have to apply for tomorrow. You can always change things.
- Your kindness dictates your strength.
- Your weakness determines who you will follow.
- Today is the day to move a mountain and it starts with remembering how I have always loved you.
- The sun still shines when it rains.
- You are a light to others. They are always watching so make sure to guide them in the right direction.
- You don’t have to be everyone’s strength. But make sure you’re strong enough to be the strength for those you love.
- When in doubt, don’t turn to random people for advice. Turn to those you trust and respect.
- Your friends will guide you in many directions but your heart will keep you on the straight and narrow.
- Love is your best gift.
- My love for you never ends.
- To be a man is to feel compassion and love for others. It takes a lot of strength to stand up in the face of traditions and extend a helping hand to those other men ignore.
- You have so much to offer to the world. Your talents, skills, ideas, and love are things the world needs right now to be a better place for everyone to live.
- Nothing great has ever happened without the fear of doing it.
- Always be kind to yourself. You deserve it. Being down on yourself serves no good purpose and only ushers in more of the same. Be kind to yourself, and more kindness will show up.
- You are never alone. I am here for you. When the road seems dark and scary, I’ll be with you.
- The only guarantee you have is this moment. Live in the present and be grateful. The past is gone, and you cannot change it anyway. The future is not here and may never come. But this moment right now, you have. Make it count for something good, even if it is only a good thought.
- Every challenge in your life is an opportunity to do something good.
- Share your creativity with the world. You have so much ingenuity and brilliant creativity that can brighten others’ day.
- It is okay to say “no.”
- Happiness is inside you. You don’t need to chase after it. Happiness isn’t where you are, who you are with, or what others say or do to you. Happiness is the peace you have in your mind that everything will be okay, that you are worthy of love, and no one can touch you there.
- You are worthy of acceptance and love. You don’t have to do or say things to make others love you. They either do or they don’t. If they don’t, it’s their loss. You are a beautiful person worthy of love and acceptance.
- The number of friends you have doesn’t matter as much as the handful that will show up for you, no matter what.
- Treat others with the respect and kindness that you want to receive. Don’t do or say something to someone else if you wouldn’t want it said or done to you. If you want kindness and acceptance, show kindness and acceptance.
- Never be chained to a job you hate. Choose a job that you love to do. Life is too short to waste on doing a job you can’t stand, but when you do a job you love, work doesn’t seem like work. It feels more like having a fun time every day.
- Helping others and feeling compassion is a sign of strength, not weakness.
- College is not for everyone. You can change the world by just being who you are. Expectations that everyone should go to college are overrated and harmful. Be who you are and do what you love to do. Those who love you will accept your life choices.
- You get one body. Take very good care of it. Exercise, eat healthy, and go to the doctor when necessary. Take good care of your body, and it will take good care of you.
- Make your bed first thing every morning to set the tone for the day. Doing this acknowledges that you are grateful to have a home and a bed to sleep in. Gratitude should be the way to start and end every day.
- Take care of your mind and how you think. If you have two wolves inside, a good one and a bad one, be sure only to feed the good one.
- A great leader is one who deeply feels the heart and soul of those who depend on them.
Final Thoughts on Words of Encouragement for Son
There’s nothing better than knowing your son is happy. Whether he’s had a hard day, beaming with delight from a huge victory or about to embark on a new phase of his life, there’s something powerful about giving him a dose of positivity.
Simply look at the 45 words of encouragement that I just listed, pick one or two that applies to the current situation, and then you’ll have the perfect thing you can say to him.
And if you want more positive words of encouragement, be sure to check out these blog posts: